siauliai

0

No comments posted yet

Comments

Slide 1

MY CITY - SIAULIAI

Slide 2

This is my native town.

Slide 3

We made a route for our guests. “Juventa” school

Slide 4

The office of our local newspaper “Šiaulių kraštas”

Slide 5

“Aušros” museum

Slide 6

Šiauliai University

Slide 7

Ch. Frenkelis villa The Villa was built in 1908 by the large scale manufacturer Chaimas Frenkelis, who at the end of the 19th century established in Siauliai one of the largest and most modern in the tsarist Russia factory for leather tanning and processing. Chaimas Frenkelis Villa - the cultural monument in the Art Noveau (Modern, Secession) style - is the only one of its kind in Siauliai and one of a few in Lithuania. In 1993, the Villa was given to Siauliai Ausros Museum and restored. Exhibitions, various events, concerts, festivals (International Ch. Frenkelis Villa Summer Festival, Tytuvenai Summer festival) take place here and become more and more popular.

Slide 8

After the exhibition “The Sun Battle” in Ch.Frenkelis Villa we made some works.

Slide 9

„Ausra" Avenue mansion The mansion built in 1933. Since 1978, it stores a historical and ethnographic exposition. Inside the building, also an archaeological exposition reflects the oldest history and the material culture of northern Lithuania and the region of Siauliai from the first settlements until the 14th century. The history of the city and economy of Siauliai from the 16th to the 19th century illustrated by maps, weapons, money, items belonging to the barons of Siauliai district and their barony papers. The ethnographic exposition at the mansion reflects national lifestyle, commerce, rituals and ceremonies, calendar holidays of Samogitia (the lowlands of Lithuania) and the region of Siauliai from the 18th c. through the first half of the 20th c.

Slide 10

Cockerel clock square The intersection of Vilniaus Str. and Tilzes str. In 2003, Siauliai celebrated the 767th anniversary of its foundation, and now you can hear the crow of one of the renovated symbols, the cockerel, "Come for a date!" Lovers and businesslike people, too, come here for a date or a meeting - "See you at the cockerel's" is a common phrase. Now, the symbol of downtown Šiauliai not only crows, but welcomes passers-by with his "Welcome to Siauliai", too. The welcoming phrase can be heard in English, German, French, Russian, Spanish, Yiddish, Swedish, Romany, and other languages. 

Slide 11

Photography museum The Photography Department of the Siauliai Ausros Museum founded in 1976. The initiator and the first head of it there was a photojournalist and a photo-artist from Siauliai - Antanas Dilys, who together with other the like-minded people, on 25th of May 1973, opened the first Photography museum's exposition. At first, it was operating as the public Photography Museum under subordination of Lithuanian Photo-artists Society. During the educational activities, held often in the permanent exposition and in the exhibitions halls, the visitors get deeper perception on the photography's nature, they are taught to see and to take photo-creation in.

Slide 12

St. Apostles Peter and Paul's Cathedral The Apostles St. Peter and St. Paul's Cathedral is the first one to welcome each visitor. It seems that all roads leading to Siauliai point directly towards this cathedral's 70-meter-high tower. Forms of renaissance and mannerism as well as defensive elements are masterfully interlaced with each other in this building. Local traditions are perfectly combined with the experience of Central and Northern European countries. A metal cross commemorates a wooden chapel that once stood in this place. The southern part of the cathedral is decorated with the oldest sundial in Lithuania - the only clock of its kind showing the precise local time.

Slide 13

Šiaulių high music school

Slide 14

The Bicycle Museum The Bicycle Museum exposition acquaints us with the invention story and development of this means of transport. The museum's most valuable exhibits are the homemade bicycle "grandfather", the "Imperial Trumpf" bicycle (1812), and interwar bicycles from Germany and Ireland. A very interesting exhibit is a 100-year-old children's tricycle made of iron. Museum visitors may not only view the exhibits, but also try to ride a velomobile. The museum was opened in 1980 in Šiauliai's bicycle and motor plant "Vairas". Later on it was moved to the boulevard in the city centre.

Slide 15

The Bicycle Museum

Slide 16

P.Višinskio monument

Slide 17

Street Art Gallery

Slide 18

Sundial Square The focal object of Sundial Square is an almost four-meter-high decorative statue "Saulys" (The Archer) by Stanislovas Kuzma decorated with gilded bronze. The statue, which is often referred to as "the gilded boy", as well as the numbers 12, 3 and 6 stamped into the pavement of the square connect three symbols of Siauliai: the Sun, commemorating the Battle of the Sun that took place in the territory of the city, the Archer, from which the name of the city originated, and Time that has passed since the day when the name of the city was mentioned for the first time (in 1236). It is the highest sundial in Lithuania

Slide 19

Sundial Square

Slide 21

Talkša Lake is one of the two lakes in the city of Šiauliai. The lake occupies an area of 56.2 ha, its average depth is 3.5 m, the deepest point is 8.2 m. The lake is near Sundial Square and Salduvë Park. Perhaps there are not so many cities where the trip along the ecologic path can be started in the very centre of the city. The iron fox.

Summary: siauliai

URL: