The Inspiron 1440 battery has been uniquely made to work with Dell laptops. It is HIGHLY recommended that you DO NOT invest in a USED or RECYCLED battery simply because they are poor and you will be replacing them inside a few months.
The two most popular choices for the Dell 1440 Inspiron batteries are, the 6 celled lithium ion type which provides 2 to 3 working hours usage when completely charged and the 9 celled extended lithium ion kind that will last 4 to 5 working hours on a complete charge.
These new lithium batteries don't have memory effect of older styles of batteries, that is you won't have to totally drain the battery ahead of re charging and worry about shortening the life span of the battery.
Here are a few strategies you should use to extend the life span of your Dell Inspiron laptop battery:
* Look at the Power Management controls are set to "Max Dell Inspiron 1440 battery"
* Decrease the lighting on the computer screen
* Use only the proper adapter for the Dell laptops - PA10 AC Adapter - 19.5 Volts 7.4mm-5.0mm
* Remove the battery from the laptop if it is not being utilized or charged for a long time
When buying your Dell 1440 replacement battery, here are a few things you should consider:
1. Will the batteries be BRAND NEW? Is the retail store a trusted supplier AND do they have a great history for providing superior batteries?
2. Do the retailers CHECK & TEST the batteries IN ADVANCE OF sending them to you?
3. Do the batteries come with a minimum of a 12 month warranty AND a thirty day no questions asked refund policy?
If your answer is no to ANY of the previously mentioned queries, locate another online store to order from!
Below are a few additional specifications of the Inspiron 1440 replacement battery:
* Battery Capacity: 7650 (9 cell) & 5200 mAh (6 cell); also works with 4800 & 4400 mAh batteries
* Voltage: 11.1 Volts - also works with 10.8 Volt systems
* Useful Lifespan: 300-500 recharge cycle
Check out the best prices for the Dell Inspiron 1440 battery.